[AccessD] Classes and Events: Errata to clsCtlLbl

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Feb 17 16:54:16 CST 2009

My apologies but I need to make two changes to clsCtlLbl.

Replace the following code

Property Get ctlLbl() As Label
     Set ctlLbl = mlbl
End Property

with:

Property Get ctl() As Label
     Set ctl = mlbl
End Property

We will be building a generic ctl property in all of our control classes which will pass back a
pointer to the control for that class.

Also replace the following code:

Private Function mGetLbl(ctlFindLbl As Control) As Label
Dim ctl As Control
     For Each ctl In ctlFindLbl.Controls
         If ctl.ControlType = acLabel Then
             Set mGetLbl = ctl
             Set mlbl = ctl
             Exit For
         End If
     Next ctl
Exit_mGetLbl:
Exit Function
End Function

with:

Private Function mGetLbl(ctlFindLbl As Control)
Dim ctl As Control
     For Each ctl In ctlFindLbl.Controls
         If ctl.ControlType = acLabel Then
             Set mlbl = ctl
             Exit For
         End If
     Next ctl
Exit_mGetLbl:
Exit Function
End Function

This is a private function and does not need to return the control to a caller.  However it does
need to set the mlbl to the control found.