[AccessD] Find First in an Array?

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Feb 19 17:43:46 CST 2009

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
at Beach Access Software
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:53 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Find First in an Array?

Thank YOU!

Someone once posted I think it was on this list 'A good program is one
that
works'.  That's my motto, now.  No one ever looks under the hood, and I
always judge my programs from the outside.  Matters not how the data got
on
the form as long as it happens 1) fast and 2) accurate.

Right now, my quest for faster translation is because I see some delay,
especially in the Chinese  (think it may be due to the Unicode), and I'd
like to get rid of the flashing that seems to accompany many Access apps
at
one point or another.

Going to FindFirst to Seek seems fast and easy so the time may be worth
the
risk for an improvement in user comfort.

However, it's a good opportunity to learn and use a class.  So I'm going
have to find the time to go back to the beginning to John's classes
class
and learn it.  Seems like a valuable thing to do now that retirement
seems
to have receded into the distant future.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334
www.e-z-mrp.com
www.bchacc.com

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.