[AccessD] Continuous form question

A.D.Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Thu Feb 19 22:13:19 CST 2009

Doug,

    My sample db named  Form_HighLightUpdatedFields  might be of interest to you. It is available at Rogers Access Library. Link -
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=45

    The sample is in Access 2000 file format and brief description is placed below.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal
------------

Form_HighLightUpdatedFields (Sample Db)
Brief Description:
    This sample db enables the user to identify at a glance as to which fields in which records have been updated in the current data entry session. The most demanding scenario is that of a datasheet form. The objective is achieved through run time manipulation of format conditions.

    The db incorporates following features:
    (a) On opening the form, all display is normal - no highlights yet.
    (b) Fresh records added in current session get highlighted in light blue back color, with bold font in black forecolor.
    (c) Any cell (i.e. given field on given record) updated for the first time in current session, gets highlighted in light orange back color, with bold font in dark red forecolor.
    (d) Any cell (i.e. given field on given record) updated more than once in current session, gets highlighted in light pink back color, with bold font in dark red forecolor.
    (e) At any stage, if so desired, all highlights can be removed (signifying the start of next session), by clicking the command button captioned "Remove Highlights"
    (f) On closing the form, it starts with a clean slate (i.e. no highlights), when opened next time. Fresh highlights take effect progressively, as and when fields are updated in the new session.