[AccessD] Should I use an adp or an mdb

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Fri Feb 20 23:59:09 CST 2009

...word is that Access 14 keeps the ribbon and digs it deeper into
everything ...where I have a choice of tools, I'm converting to .net
...Access is still the best prototype tool available and some clients just
are not ready to make the leap from something their power users can play
around the edges with to one where they are essentially locked out ...but
unless Access 14 does something radical to keep developers in the fold, its
going to lose them/us/me forever ...I'm still on A2k3 and have refused a
number of A2k7 inquiries.

...I never made the move to ado ...I tried it and it seemed slow and limited
in comparison to dao against mdb be's which was all I used at the time
...and now that I'm playing with SQL Server be's I still much prefer using
dao.

...OT a bit but anyone else noticing the increasing disappearance of Access
sites and the lack of updates/changes to many long standing ones ...I spent
a couple of days last week going through my favorites list and a surprising
number of them have disappeared or not been updated in years now ...bad sign
:(

William