[AccessD] A Design Opinion, Please

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Feb 21 18:01:36 CST 2009

Hi All,

On a data entry form, where a choice should be made to identify the
sales staff person primarily responsible for a particular customer,
which of these methods is better and why?

Method 1 - set the sales staff field in the table to be a lookup field
Method 2 - place a combobox on the form that looks up the sales staff
and then updates the field in the table.

This is a remodeling job.  The outside sales people need to know who the
lead sales staff person is on any given customer.  However, at present
the main data entry form does not indicate that information.  I'll be
making this change, and I got to thinking about which approach would be
the wiser of the two.

Thanks for your opinions.

Tina