[AccessD] Find First in an Array? - The Solution Revisited - Now Tag is the Answer

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 07:01:13 CST 2009

Oh no.  That is not necessary Stuart.

What I would do is write a little function which runs down the language
table and populates the contol.tag on the appropriate form with the caption
text plus a delimiter.

You only have to do this ONCE and then ONLY again if you add a new language
(having added the values to the language table).

Users can switch languages at will.  All that is required is to change the
global variable to the new value to point into the .tag string.
Instantaneous resolution of the displayed text.  Coding is minimal.  Even
the loading code on initial setup is only a dozen or so lines.

The caption.tag is an Access provided collection so why not make use of it.
No data access at run time.  No need to open any tables etc.
The required caption is in the tag of the caption control, just display it.

But, I am not decrying your just posted routine.  I think it is very good.
Not as good as mine though (I just had an impartial show of hands in the
room and my solution won).  Back to the pub.

The more I think of it, the better this solution appears to me.

Max
Laugh more than cry.  Smile more than frown.  Be generous in  spirit.  And
always stand your round in the pub!