[AccessD] Classes and Events - EVENTS NOT REQUIRED

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Feb 23 17:42:34 CST 2009

That's the theory.  In practice Functions do not *need* to return a value,  you can replace
"Sub" with "Function" anywhere you like, but you can only replace "Function" with "Sub" if
there is no return value.

I tend to use "Function"  all the time, the only "Sub"s you'll see in my apps are the built in
events in Forms etc.

It's also good practice to "type" Functions which do return a value, otherwise you have the
overhead of converting from/to variants - it also makes it clear whether a Function does in
fact return a value. Here it would be preferable to use:  "Function EndTimer() As Long"

--
Stuart