[AccessD] A Design Opinion, Please

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Feb 24 06:14:53 CST 2009

I've just been bitten by Lookup fields in a table.

I've got an old application, originally written in Access 97 and subsequently
upgraded to Ak2.

Using A2K3, I was trying to clean out all of the data to set up a new clean
version. Every time I tried to open one particular table to delete the
records, Access froze solid.

I finally opened the table in Design view and found that a couple of fields
had lookups defined.  Once I removed the lookups and saved the table, I
could open it and delete the data.

Cheers,
Stuart