[AccessD] Find First in an Array? - The Solution Revisited - Now Tag is the Answer

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Feb 24 13:27:11 CST 2009

Sorry to chime in here late...but if you use tags for a system wide
process you completely eliminate the ability to use the tags on the fly
for other purposes.

300k in memory is nothing nowadays.  If we were designing systems back
in the 80's and 90's, sure, but in today's world, most cell phones have
more computing power then a high end system in the early 90's.

I didn't read every detail in the 'tag' solution, but I believe it
required saving the design of the forms.  Using a class solution (and
using the Event driven method, so that translations can be changed by
the user) prevents constantly having to redesign every form.  And leaves
the tags available for other purposes.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:29 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Find First in an Array? - The Solution Revisited
- Now Tag is the Answer

OK.  But the whole point of the tag goes away when you have a wrapper
class.  The purpose of a tag
is to contain "anything" that the developer wants for that form.  Once I
have a wrapper class I can
simply create new properties of the class, with strong typing, etc.

If you have a class you no longer need a tag, never mind a whole
collection of them.

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.