[AccessD] Class costs & benefits

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Wed Feb 25 16:19:33 CST 2009

...ok ...a basic view ...the real value comes when you can inherit from more
than one object and you can pick and choose what you inherit ...within
reason, you can build practically anything without having to start from
scratch ...VS gives you some basic tools, a grid for instance ...and you can
go a long time before it dawns on you that you don't have to accept that
basic grid ...you can reach back in the object hierarchy and build a grid
that does what YOU need ...a treeview with a grid node for instance ...all
without having to lay out bucks for third party tools that only do half of
what you wanted.

...to me, that's the real value of working with dot net ...there is sooooo
much built in high level stuff that lets you easily build low level custom
objects for your apps ...and sooooooo many blogs out there with guys doing
highly creative things that its nigh impossible to keep up.

William