[AccessD] Should I use an adp or an mdb

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 13:27:33 CST 2009

Yes, its definitely planned. :(

I prefer ADPs to MDBs, not only for the ability to change the
connection to the BE so easily, but also the ease of assigning a store
procedure to the row source of a listbox.

me.lstMyListBox.rowsource = Exec stpSomeStoredProcedure " &
intSomeIntAsMyInputParameter

I never liked using temp tables in my MDBs because of bloat issues.

You can handle temp tables in two ways:
1. Upon opening a form, create a ##tempTable in SQL via a stored
procedure, be sure to drop it on FormClose
2. Another choice is to create a temp db on the user's PC, use
preferred method to communicate with that mdb, discard when finished.

I have used both, and both methods work well.

I know I'm one of the very few that likes/still uses ADPs.

David