[AccessD] Linux Server

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 12:34:07 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software
<rockysmolin at bchacc.com> wrote:
> Don't know.  Looks right from their description.  I'll forward to the client
> and see what happens.

I don't know for sure if an Access BE can sit on a Linux Server, but I
don't see any problems with it. I have had BEs sit on a Novell Server
before with no problems.

If the IT folks set it up correctly as a file and print server with
Samba, then AFAICT it shouldn't be a problem. They won't need WINE
because Access is being run on the local desktop not the server.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"