[AccessD] Back End Bloat - Revisited

McGillivray, Don [IT] Donald.A.McGillivray at sprint.com
Sun Jan 4 00:38:55 CST 2009

Hi, Susan,

That's probably not the source of my trouble.  None of the data from those files is being pushed directly into the back end that is giving me trouble.  That BE holds meta data derived from data in the text files.  IOW, system logic eveluates the nature of the data and creates records in several tables based on what it finds there, but does not import from those files directly.  In fact the BE that DOES hold data that comes directly from the text files has no bloat problem, despite the fact that it receives WAY more data into its tables than the problem DB.

Don