[AccessD] Designing reports on B-sized paper

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 19 08:53:28 CST 2009

Hi Steve

In my experience, if a report is larger than the physical paper size available at the printer, the report will print "spread out" over enough physical sheets to print the full report in size 1:1. Access will pop a message warning about this.

Except, of course, if the printer driver can have a mark set to "Resize to actual paper size" or the like.

/gustav

>>> erbachs at gmail.com 19-01-2009 15:41 >>>
Stuart,

Thanks for your reply.  This is very interesting as I'm sure that if
you use the AutoReport: Columnar option when building a New Report,
you'll get every column in the selected table stretched across
multiple page widths...that is, one can paste them together.  Of
course, the default page size of 8.5" x 11" is used for the report
design.

Hmmm...the only place I can test whether a report designed for 11" x
17" will print out multiple page-widths on a printer that can handle
only 8.5" x 11" paper is at work.  Maybe I'll try something after
hours...

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI