[AccessD] subform close

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jan 21 03:33:45 CST 2009

Hi William

Why are you doing this to yourself?

That said, you may have to move the focus off the button as the first thing.
Then, shouldn't this work? Haven't tried myself though:

  Me.Parent!NameOfSubformControl.Value = strNameOfNewSubform

or

  Me.Parent!NameOfSubformControl.Value = Null

You may need to move the code to the main form and call it from the subform to not let the subform kick the feet of itself away.

/gustav

>>> wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com 21-01-2009 08:26 >>>
...closes host and sub :(

...naming the sub instead doesn't change what I see ...the acSaveAll works,
the form just doesn't disappear from the subform control

...if I change the mainform subform sourceobject from the host form, the
form is either replaced by the new sourceobject or the subform goes blank if
I set it to ""

...but that leaves me vulnerable to users closing an open subform from the
host form without a proper close

...trying to workout the semantics for setting the mainform subform
sourceobject from the subform ...this should be simple but I'm missing
something.

William