[AccessD] subform close

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jan 21 11:48:29 CST 2009

Well...

 From code in the subform...

me.Parent!MySfrmCtl.SourceObject = ""

Me.Parent gets you to the parent object of the subform.
!MySFrmCtl (whatever your subform control name may be)
references the subform control that contains the current
subform.  .SourceObject references the property that needs
to be set to the empty string.

. (dot) should always be used for properties, ! (bang)
should always be used for controls.

You should test the me.parent from inside of the subform
however.  I have seen instances where me.parent did NOT
refer to the parent form, but instead to a tab control which
the subform control is on.  Other than that specific issue,
me.parent has always referred to the parent form.

It seems that me.Parent really refers to whatever the
control is on, which is USUALLY a form, but which may be a
tab control.  Even if it is the tab control though, the
subform control will still be on the tab so
me.parent!mysubformctl should still get you to the subform
control.