[AccessD] Installing Different Version of Access

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 18:19:20 CST 2009

IME installing a sooner version over a later version is prone to disaster. I
have tried this and failed to succeed several times. Something invariably
breaks -- could be DLL references, could be other references, could be code
not supported earlier.

The only way I have been able to make this scenario work is to uninstall
everything and then re-install version by version. There may be some smarter
way but this works. It takes half a weekend that you might have been
spending with your spouse, but it works. Less fun, to be sure, but it works.

Rocky, check out Himachi. (Google, then download.) It has enabled me to
connect to boxes all over the world (to which I have access, of course). I
think that Himachi is some way cool technology (VVPN, as it were).
A.