[AccessD] Installing Different Version of Access

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jan 24 08:12:28 CST 2009

Hamachi is really nothing but a vpn, but it can usually work
through firewalls.  I say usually because a good network
admin can prevent it but most small networks will allow it
right through.

So no, hamachi by itself does not allow you to "take
control".  Remote Desktop or VNC can work over the Hamachi
VPN and that allows the remote control.

GoToMyPC also allows remote access.  It is kind of like
Hamachi and VNC rolled into one.  My personal preference is
Hamachi and Remote Desktop for the best speed, but that only
works where the other person does not need to see what is
going on since the other end CANNOT see what is going on.

Hamachi and VNC is my second choice.  I do have a client
where THEIR client dictated that they use GoToMyPC and so I
do use that as well, but I don't like it.

>>> www.e-z-mrp.com