[AccessD] Installing Different Version of Access

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 24 11:40:56 CST 2009

Hi Rocky,

I think the main difference is Remote Desktop is used within the network,
and Remote assistance is usually by connecting over the internet.

I suggest you also look into LogMeIn. The free version would allow you to
access their PC, they can watch what you are doing or you can watch what
they are doing. I use it in my Server so I can access it and my system when
away from the office.

I have also sent the URL
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/HelpDesk/CreateTrial.aspx?originid=1147&destination=/HelpDesk/CreateTrial.aspx&utpk=logmein

to clients, talked them through the installation process, they share their
username and password with me, I log in to there system as them, correct or
at leas understand the problem and log out.

They have still have complete control should they have concerns about me
using their computer, and have the option to change the password as soon as
we are done, or leave it for future use.

I also strongly suggest  that they use a very strong password and usually
help them create one.

Also I know it uses the Himachi process ( I think they own in now) For the
price I don't think you can beat it. I have an FTP site for transferring
files so the free version works fine.

HTH

Bill