[AccessD] BLAT

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 26 01:46:38 CST 2009

Hi Max, Stuart, Jim, John, William, Gustav:

Thanks you so much for all your help. It appears, from home test server that
the problem has been solved. It appears to not be a problem with SMTP, the
network, the BLAT configuration.

After running through an extensive battery of tests the errors and log files
were not filled so with that hint I had to assume it was an error from the
caller legacy application. The app was not giving BLAT enough memory space
to consistently perform its task.

Instead of simply calling the batch file, created in the app, calling it
using the script 'cmd /k sendmail.bat' forced sufficient memory and time
delay and then everything started working fine.

A friend sent me this about another Sherlock Holmes coding episode:
http://blog.kickin-the-darkness.com/2008/12/coding-war-story-sometimes-you-j
ust.html

Thanks so much for all your help as it narrowed down the possibilities.

Jim