[AccessD] IronSpeed

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 29 05:22:55 CST 2009

Hi Shamil

Thanks for those links, very informative, as always.

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 29-01-2009 00:17 >>>
Agreed with William.

Tried Iron Speed but found it too heavy and limiting...

It could have been NIH-syndrome but I then have developed my own light app framework on top on .NET Framework - a light app framework and hand made code generator to develop 3-layered
web apps...

...once again, it could have been NIH-syndrome, and I planned to "cure myself" from it by using LINQ to SQL but I have recently got known that LINQ to SQL is dead (http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/11/DLINQ-Future), and I'm happy again that I didn't bind myself with any cute but volatile MS technologies and third-party tools...

...well, I currently have some hopes looking at CSLA.NET(http://www.lhotka.net/cslanet/) and LINQ to Entities (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386964.aspx) but I doubt I will use them as the core of my development because VS2008 + ASP.NET + .NET Framework + custom business application programming is usually all you need for effective and competetive modern software development...

...LINQ (and its variations: LINQ to Objects, LINQ to XML, LINQ to Entities...) - they are interesting IMO because they can supply in the (near) future "out-of-the-box" parallel execution of managed code on multi-core PCs: is that parallel execution needed for my projects now with dual core PCs being mainstream? - no, and it looks like (business applications) software we are developing is getting obsolete very quickly these days therefore caring for this software tomorrow is becoming expensive...

...I can be wrong but my current development strategy is to use as much as possible core stable .NET Framework and VS  and MS SQL technologies and wait for new "cute" ones to get mature and stabilize or die - I will use the former (stabilized and mature), and I will not waste my time for the latter (cute but getting dead quickly (LINQ2SQL) or cute but heavy and too limiting (Iron Speed...))...

It seems to work rather well this strategy.

I should have stopped looking for "silver bullet" a long ago...

Thank you.

--
Shamil