[AccessD] IronSpeed

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 29 06:23:39 CST 2009

Hi William

Looks like we have a true fan of VS!

Neither do I have high thoughts about IronSpeed nor CodeCharge but with the important difference, that I haven't tried any of them, so I can't tell for sure.

But as for a framework or the like - or none - do you do as Shamil:

" .. VS2008 + ASP.NET + .NET Framework + custom business application programming is usually all you need for effective and competetive modern software development..."

I tend to agree. Some of these frameworks are promoted by much sweet talk, but I'm reluctant to enter some more or less steep learning curve just to discover that it only brought you into a dead end or at least an area with strange limitations.

Though I for the last year have been working with VS only, my experience with web development is sparse but I am working hard as I soon will be entering a larger project. So decisions have to be made ...

/gustav

>>> wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com 29-01-2009 12:55 >>>
Max

...the hardest thing for me to learn about web development was the web
itself ...it is such a vastly different environment than the desktop
...bandwidth drives everything and your priorities shift accordingly
...Ironspeed didn't offer that pitch when I was evaluating them so I can't
honestly say they can't do it now though I find it hard to believe ...but I
can say that VS will allow you to produce an application that is very close
to what you would do with Access ...and much more. You can dl it for free
and MS has gone out of its way to provide good videos on how to do most of
the basics ...and what MS misses, there is a vast support community on the
web with unending samples and millions of lines of code.

William