[AccessD] Crosstab with summary query

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:00:10 CDT 2009

Dear Group,

I have a feeling that I'm missing something with respect to making a
crosstab query with a summary.

My client has data entered chronologically.  There's a ProductID and an
amount column as well as the date.  What he wants is a report showing each
product in its own row with a year's worth of data summarized into 12
monthly columns.  So I'm trying to figure out a way to summarize the
chronological data by month and then convert it to a crosstab...or however
that can work.

Do I need to make 12 summary queries to summarize sales for each product for
each month before I gather all those intermediate results together into the
12-month crosstab?

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI