[AccessD] Crosstab question

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 16:39:29 CDT 2009

What I've done in this situation is to build an input query which makes one
value field combining the multiple values I want; then a crosstab query
selecting the First of my combined field.  The crosstab feeds into the
report, and the report 'decodes' the values.

For instance, if you want a cost of $1.00 and  a count of 25 to be shown,
then the initial query builds a field as follows:

(Assuming that the count will never be more than 1000):

myNewField = cost * 10000 + count

This results in 10025 in the 'myNewField' column.

The report parses this into two text boxes:
txCost = ccur(int(myNewField/10000))
txCount = myNewField mod 10000

This is air code, but hopefully you get the drift.

Doug Steele