[AccessD] Using a VM/VPC

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:20:34 CDT 2009

help!  I am trying to install vmserver 1.0.9 John - as recommended.

Firstly it said it wanted IIS which I done,  and all sorts of web stuff and
.net which I might need later.

Then it said "Warning. VM Management Interface is only supported on Server
Operating Systems. You may encounter some issues when using VMWare
management interface on this system."  I clicked OK.  Then got a message to
disable autorun on CD - which I accepted.

But now it is saying "Warnng 25300 WMWare management interface website was
configured correctly but failed to start.  The site will have to be started
manually from the IIS configuration"...What the heck does that mean?
Then right at the end it came up with a list of drivers that it refused to
installl because they were not digitally signed.  Invited me to uninstall,
get digitrally signed ones and reinstall.  The installlation then finished.

Should I just remove it all and try something else?

max