[AccessD] Create email in Access via Thunderbird

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 31 18:02:00 CDT 2009

I have a database that creates and sends email either via Outlook (using Docmd.SendObject with Outlook as the default email program) or Outlook Express (using MAPI code).

I now have people using Thunderbird for their email with the database.  When they have Thunderbird set as the default email, the Docmd.SendObject procedure creates a text file rather than an email.

>From the archives, it seems that there are some Thunderbird users on the list.  Does any one know how to create/send an email from Access with Thunderbird?   Is that possible?

Thanks
Carolyn Johnson
St Louis, MO