[AccessD] OT Friday - News Flash

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Jul 31 18:19:26 CDT 2009

There's more to it than that.

There are many reasons why women bottle feed with "infant formulas" rather than natural
feeding.   A major problem in under developed countries is malnourished children as a
result of them being raised on watered down infant formulas rather than breast milk.

In PNG it is officially illegal to sell babies bottles and teats without a doctor's prescription -
but they are readily avaiable.

Here's a local organisation in PNG which has been working in this area for many years.

http://www.dgtp.org.pg/partner_susumama.htm

"susu mama" is pidgin for "mother's milk"

--
Stuart