[AccessD] Puzzled.... Error 3188

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Jun 9 21:34:07 CDT 2009

Hi Robert,

I would suggest that you take this code out of the current event.  Put the
code into a general Sub procedure and call it.  Per Help:  'The Current
event occurs when the focus moves to a record, making it the current record,
or when the form is refreshed or requeried.'  So, if you are changing data
in the current event, you might be firing the current event.  I used to use
the current event a lot, but no more.

Another thing is that you are using a dot(.) after Me instead of a bang(!)
like in the other lines.

Another thing is that IIRC you get into page locking when you update memo
fields even if you've set the database to use record locking.  This could be
the cause of the errors being intermittent about the record being locked.

I think that something in your form/subform is bound.  If it wasn't then I
don't think that the current event can be called, unless it's explicitly
called somewhere else in your code.

Also - you could try using this syntax:  Me.Parent.txtComment = ' ... '

A few various thoughts on my part - good luck!
Dan