[AccessD] Import Word 2003 doc to A2003

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jun 10 03:37:54 CDT 2009

Hi John

You are probably receiving a LF or a CR only and not a CR+LF which is a new line in VBA.

Try running Replace on the string:

  Replace(strMemo, vbCr, vbCrLf)
or:
  Replace(strMemo, vbLf, vbCrLf)

/gustav

>>> Johncliviger at aol.com 10-06-2009 10:29 >>>
Hi All

I have a protected Word doc with 20 or so bookmarks. And in Access I  use
vba to import the each bookmark contents to a Access table. It works  well,
but for a small irritation. In the memo field I get a small square at the
end of each sentence. I guess its a paragraph marker from Word.

Anyone know what causes this and how to remove them?

In Access I  use the code '!CaseSummary =
Doc.formfields("BookmarkName").result' to populate the table

TIA

johnc