[AccessD] Backup Access data using Volume Shadow Copy?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 10 17:42:13 CDT 2009

I have run Volume Shadow Copy Service all the time on live volumes and have
never had any damage that I have perceived though when doing a serious
backup I like the PC/Server to have been booted from a CD/DVD before
creating the definitive image. This method will make a perfect copy
including all the boot sectors which wouldn't happen when running live.

Jim