[AccessD] Access2000 crashing

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 09:06:33 CDT 2009

This link is about a slightly different version - XP but it sounds
like similar problem. Might be worth looking at.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1094429.php

The third post down has the solution that the original poster came to
use..He attributed the problem to JET which maybe wouldn't have been
reinstalled if you did a re-install if it thought it was already
there.  Here's the solution as posted.

"Any way, if anyone else runs into this problem, let me tell you how I
resolved the issue. I ran into a problem running another program and
was able to get real useable information about that error. Realized
the issue was with msjet40.dll. I tried using the file in the MS KB
to upgrade the file, and it wouldn't work since I had installed XP SP
2. I decided to reinstall XP SP 2 and it reinstalled msjet40.dll.
Now I can open files in access and in the other program."

GK