[AccessD] Administrivia - Dickford Cohn Donation Fund

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Tue Jun 16 14:23:27 CDT 2009

...a couple of personal comments

...I visited dickford twice in the trauma center at Jackson Memorial
Hospital in Miami ...the burns were/are extensive, deep, and scarring ...the
doctors had to replace muscle and tissue in some places that were all the
way to the bone ...they worked miracles in restoring his body and health
...he's a living testimony to just how good our medical care system is ...he
has no health insurance.

...to my knowledge he lost everything in the fire ...though the paper
reported it was cigarette related, dickford is a non-smoker ...and if you
saw the burn pattern on his body and listened to his story you'd probably
believe as I do that the fire started elsewhere, not the bedroom ...but I
digress.

...dickford is a former software developer retired to the keys ...he lives
alone, frugally, and hawks newspapers among other things to support himself
...he is involved in the local community helping others less fortunate than
himself.

...I'll be donating to the fund ...I think it will be money put to good use.

William