[AccessD] FW: [dba-SQLServer] Installing SQL Server 2005 developer on a machinewith SQL Server 2005 express edition

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Thu Jun 18 16:23:47 CDT 2009

 I posted this on the SQL list but there does not seem to be much action
over there today.  Possibly some one on this list can answer.

Thanks.

Doug

Folks,

I am looking at installing SQL Server 2005 developer edition on my
development system? The computer currently has Visual Studio 2008 and SQL
Server 2005 express edition on it. As things stand now Visual Studio uses
the Express edition for projects and web sites. I don't want to screw up my
current projects. I would like to have access to the Full version of
Management Studio to work on some remote servers.

What is the consensus of the SQL Server gurus on the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Doug