[AccessD] OT: SQL Server

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jun 19 03:54:09 CDT 2009

Hi Darryl

Seems like you feel the rhythm - now turn on Visual Studio for your front-ends to hear the music.

/gustav

>>> Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au 19-06-2009 08:26 >>>
Rambling thoughts...

I have used and loved Access and Excel for year and years, but I think I have a new love now.  Gotta say how totally impressed I am with SQL Server - Even the Free Express version is bloody brilliant.

I use the enterprise version at work, but need to demo some stuff on my PC as a stand alone operation.  So I installed SQL Server Express 2008, built an entire database from SQL Server 2000 scripts - tables, views, sproc, functions, the lot really in only a couple of minutes, and then imported all the data via DTS.  took less than half a day from nothing to having something function perfectly well into an Access FE.

the more I use SQL Server the more I am totally impressed, and the less and less I use Access and Excel for anything but front ends linked into SQL views and sprocs.

ra ra ra...

Just some friday afternoon musings from Oz....

regards
Darryl.