[AccessD] Write Conflict SQL and adp

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Jun 22 03:46:19 CDT 2009

I have an SQL2005 BE and Access XP adp FE.

The database is used to track stock for a number
of locations.  Each stored procedure has a filter for location

Most of the record sources are stored procedures
that combine multiple tables (the extra tables
are for sorting the records - for example a
products table is joined to the inventory table
so that the inventory can be sorted by product order).

I have the unique tables set where I can, and the

I am getting a "write conflict - This record has
been changed by another user
  " error when I
try to change a record a second time when it is displayed in a continuous form.

I have tried Googling.  The main solution is to
include a timestamp field in every table.  This I have done with no joy.

Any thoughts on what I should look for?  Should I
be looking at the SQL security setting for roles?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand