[AccessD] Learning .Net

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Tue Jun 23 07:32:40 CDT 2009

Hey All
Thanks for the information.
In all my years I have only had one client request a web based
application, then they shelved the idea. But I get the point, though as
many of you have said it seems you would have to be a master of many
languages/techniques to produce a quality finished web product. And in
some cases the cost would be prohibitive to many of my clients.

The reason I asked about Oracle, is as Jim mentioned

but to find meaningful work in an Oracle town is difficult to say the
least.

Several of my clients have some big apps developed in Oracle and when I
mentioned MS SQL the response was "Huh what????".

So I guess this old fart will continue to work his "hoodoo voodoo" using
Access. I have downloaded MS SQL and VB.Net and started to dabble in
learning both. Again like Jim mentioned what I really need is a "kick
start" by having a client request and providing time to produce an
application using the above.  I am kind of envious of  those of you who
had the foresight years ago to start the learning curve early.  I just
hope a new "flavour of the month", doesn't show up any time soon in the
near future.

Thanks again
Just another old fart floating in the ether.