[AccessD] converting FileMaker data into Access 03/07

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Jun 25 13:33:39 CDT 2009

I have a user that is trying to create an Access DB to manage her clients...she is a probation officer, working at the county jail. She took a class and is doing pretty well. She called me for some guidance and we got together yesterday. After we got most of her issues ironed out, I asked about her data. She was going to retype all of these into Access. There are only 75 clients, but many are "frequent flyers" in the criminal system, and they have many different entries in their cases.

I started to export from FileMaker to a DBF, and then I imported into Access, but I wasn't certain I was getting all of the memo data.

I know nothing about FileMaker, which is why I am asking for help. Are any of you familiar w/this?

Access is 2003...we may move into 2007, and we are using it now actually.