[AccessD] Clustered Index Debate - Was: RE: Primary key and entry points

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Jun 26 17:56:52 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav,

<<<
I think the idea is to have both

OK. I didn't plan to go that far this time :) - I mean ADO.NET EF generating
relational datamodel from entities...

<<<
is capable of creating on the fly the SQL commands needed to have the
framework do what your code requests from it. The quality of this SQL is
arguable, and purists may find it clumsy, bloated and less than optimized.

I'd suppose that with properly *manually* designed relational datamodel in
90% of cases this generated on-the-fly by ADO.NET EF SQL would be as good as
manually written and it will run well optimized by MS SQL engine - that
assumption comes from experience - up to 90% of business applications' SQL
is a routine work, which can be well automated...

<<<
This is, of course, an area of continuous improvement.

Yes, I'm glad this work is delegated to MS now :)

<<<
if you joined the open-source groups for either SQlite or FireBird.

OK. Thank you for the tip. Maybe I will do that in the future but currently
I do not plan to write my own ADO.NET EF provider...

--
Shamil