[AccessD] Poll on Access 2007

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Sun Jun 28 01:08:02 CDT 2009

John,

From: "jwcolby" <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:31 AM

> ... Microsoft imposes it on us and is absolutely silent (officially) on
> how to turn it off.

If you are concerned about screen real estate, it is very easy, as I think
you know, to minimise the ribbon until needed.  Equally, from the point of
view of the finished deploted application, it is very easy to "turn it off",
if by that you mean not have a ribbon.  So I really can't relate to what
you're on about here.

It is certainly the case that there has been no easy way to produce
customised ribbons within your applications, without a fairly steep learning
curve.  I have seen Microsoft people acknowledge this, and one would be
justifiably disappointed if this is not corrected in the near future.

I'm sorry to just pick one aspect of your post to respond to, but that was
the part that had me wondering whether you had given it a fair go.

--
Regards
Steve

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4193 (20090626) __________