[AccessD] Poll on Access 2007

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Sun Jun 28 22:39:54 CDT 2009

Yep, we have been trialling Office 2007 for a few months now.  I think they have improved how Outlook behaves and there are some nice features there, Excel 2007 is cumbersome but is not so bad to use (usual toolbar rant excepted), but Access 2007 is just a mess IMHO.  They would have been far better off fixing the bugs and leaving the UI alone.  Not many folks were complaining about the UI anyway from what I could tell.

Anyway... As I said before, there seems to be a drift towards using a browser based FE anyway and given I only ever use Access as a FE these days it is a bit of a moot point.  I would probably be heading this way anyway. Access 2007 has just speed up the process for me.

I can't help but feel they are trying to turn Excel into a sloppy database and Access into some kind of spreadsheet, at the detriment of both products.  *shrug*...