[AccessD] Poll on Access 2007

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Jun 29 05:19:52 CDT 2009

Steve,

Yes, this is also my impression - MS Access 2010's "What's new" list is
currently covered by a "secrecy hood". Strange. Especially comparing with
how open is every new version/release of .NET Framework/VS - starting from
very early CTPs to Betas (although I have never tried to find what new
features' proposals of the .NET Framework/VS developers are taken into
account by MS - probably just a few if any).

Sorry, I've got your strong reaction on "attacks" as your being relatively
new here - I also do not "lurk"/post that often here these days - I should
have missed your previous posts on other topics here...

<<<
with Access 2007 we got a lot of new
objects and methods and properties

Yes, I have seen that - it looks like there were something like 50% of new
methods, properties and especially events added in MS Access 2007 comparing
with MS Access 2003? But I must say I didn't have opportunity to use them as
by MS Access 2007 release I have got already switched to .NET Framework/VS
development. As far as I see MS Access 2007 allows to have "interactive
reports" - I mean MS Access reports' controls enabled to react on different
events as mouse clicks, mouse over etc., and MS Access reports reacting on
similar events and "On Mouse Wheel" event - did you find good use of those
"interactive reports" features in your customers applications?

<<<
Interesting to note that VBA will now be
included in Mac Office, so... still on the rise.

Yes, that sounds as VBA is getting revived...

Thank you.

--
Shamil