[AccessD] Help w/VBA code

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Mon Jun 29 12:55:13 CDT 2009

This is VBA code to clear a bunch of objects on a MS Word form (2007). It is erroring out on, "For Each oFF In ActiveDocument.FormField" and says  something like, "User defined type not defined" ???????

Public Sub ClearFields()

'MsgBox "Test"
Dim oFF As FormField

For Each oFF In ActiveDocument.FormField
  If TypeOf oFF Is TextBox Then
    oFF.Text = vbNullString
  ElseIf TypeOf oFF Is ComboBox Or TypeOf oFF Is ListBox Then
    oFF.ListIndex = -1
  ElseIf TypeOf oFF Is OptionButton Then
    oFF.Value = False
  ElseIf TypeOf oFF Is CheckBox Then
    oFF.Value = vbUnchecked
  Else
    '...
  End If
Next oFF

End Sub

The error did go away, if we changed "TypeOf oFF" to just "oFF", but then I get another error on the next line...it now doesn't seem to like "oFF.Text"...but that IS the value I am testing. Anybody have code to clear a form?