[AccessD] FW: Transportable Document Approach needed

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Wed Mar 4 21:01:04 CST 2009

Stu/Gustav/Rocky

...hey guys, I just dl'd Leban's ReportUtilities, converted it to A2k3 w/o
errors, referenced the mde, and exported a sample report to a Word.rtf file
...a fully editable one ...anyway, I couldn't find anything that I couldn't
edit just as I would in a regular rtf file ...he does use emfs to get the
graphics right but they CAN be replaced if need be, eh ...and the Word
report is pretty much exactly what the report was with some minor text size
differences that are readily correctable ...I'm not sure what you're
referencing except that he does have an option to output the entire thing as
an emf file for web presentation ...but the functionality to convert a
report to an editable word.rtf file certainly works as advertised.

...in fact, I'm going to play a bit further with this as a option to running
word merges rather than reports when a clients wants to edit the results.

...and the emf to web option looks useful as well ...his emf file size is
less than a third of the size of the same report exported to pdf and the
results are better ...that looks like a viable option for replacing a slew
of client locked pdfs on their web sites put there for customer download.

...I've found some of Leban's stuff to be a bit more than I was willing to
do to get the results he did ...but I've never known him to say something
works and then found otherwise ...he'd be eaten alive on the
ms.public.access newsgroup for something that glaring.

...btw, his gradient background code is the best I've ever found including
Peter's/FMS/etc. ...Lebans sticks a LOT of code in his dls, most of which
I've found through trial and error isn't necessary to get the specific
functionality I need.

William