[AccessD] Filtered combos - Events don't fire

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 5 14:52:04 CST 2009

I ran into something that I don't remember, or perhaps I never quite figured out.

In a subform, the Exit and LostFocus events of a control do not fire if you click entirely out of
the subform into the parent form or into a control on another subform.  That is a PITA!

It appears that the logic is simply that the control never lost the focus IN IT'S FORM.
Unfortunately this wreaks havoc with setting the unfiltered sql back into the combo's RowSource
property.

What a PITA.