[AccessD] Page Locking Happening - But Set to Record Locking

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Mar 9 09:59:30 CDT 2009

To All,

I did set up a test for this problem.  A BE mdb with a single small table,
and two identical FE mdbs, each with an identical form bound to the table
via a table link.  Each mdb is set to Shared, Edited Record, and Open
Databases Using Record-Level Locking.

On my PC, with Access 2003, only a single record is locked when one of the
FE's make a data change.  The other FE can change a different record in the
test table.

On a customer's server with Access 2003 and copied test mdbs - same results.

On another customer's server with Access 2000 and copied test mdbs - I get
what is apparently page locking instead of single record locking.

The test databases were identical - I also checked to see that the record
locking settings were the same.

So, it seems that the problem lies with Access 2000 (or perhaps the
server/settings that my customer is using).

Can anyone else do a test like this and report your results?  I'll send my
test databases off-line if you'd like.

Thanks!
Dan