[AccessD] Question about clsCtlLbl for JC

Klos, Susan Susan.Klos at fldoe.org
Mon Mar 9 13:33:03 CDT 2009

I realize that I am really far behind, but you said to ask questions
when we need help.

Here is my question:

I don't understand these instructions:

*     In Class_Terminate add the following code:

Private Sub Class_Terminate()

     Set mctlTxt = Nothing

     Set mclsCtlLbl = Nothing

End Sub

This cleans up the label class when clsCtlCbo class closes.

*     At the bottom of mInit() add the following code:

     mclsCtlLbl.mInit lctlTxt

Since mclsCtlLbl was initialized in the Initialize event of the class it
is ready to use when we get to mInit.  We simply call the mInit method
of mclsCtlLbl and pass in the combo control passed in to clsCtlCbo.

We have not done anything with Txt in this class and when I try to
compile the code this error pops us for these two lines of code

mctlTxt =  and for lctlTxt I get "Variable not defined"

When I comment out those two lines of code it compiles fine.  What have
I missed

Susan Klos

Senior Database Analyst

Florida Department of Education

Evaluation and Reporting Office

Phone: 850.245.0708

email: susan.klos at fldoe.org <mailto:susan.klos at fldoe.org>

The Florida Department of Education is a proud partner of Cover Florida Health Care. For more information and a list of the plans available in your area, please visit http://www.coverfloridahealthcare.com/