[AccessD] new web site

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:06:52 CDT 2009

John,

Did you really have DotNetNuke 2.X (two dot X)?  Gad!  The oldest DNN
book I've got is for DNN 3.x.

I presume that 2.X had SQL Server as a back-end.  When you upgraded,
did you use the Upgrade version of DNN?  I would think that it might
be worth the effort to import data from the 2.X SQL tables into the
4.X tables.  I went through some issues with messing around with DNN
on my web host.  An upgrade went badly and I wound up manually
renaming all the existing DNN tables and then starting a fresh DNN
install with the latest version at the time.  I changed the default
table prefix to "nuke_", for what it's worth.  I was smart, for once:
I backed up the SQL Server stuff BEFORE making the drastic re-install.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI