[AccessD] Can't open form

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Mar 12 07:48:31 CDT 2009

Hi Tony

Problem is that this ocx comes in many version and they typically are neither upwards nor downwards compatible.
We have found though, that very few use this ocx. Thus, an easy workaround is to rename an existing ocx should it exist, and then copy your version into the system32 folder.
Another option is to put your version into the folder of your app file and reference that copy.

/gustav

>>> iggy at nanaimo.ark.com 11-03-2009 17:50:38 >>>
Hey All
I have client and on her machine when she trys to open a form from the
Main Menu she gets a "Can't Open Form" error message. Other forms work
fine and the program works fine on other machines. I  have a
COMDLG32.OCX active x control on the form. Before I go and get her to
try to register the OCX (she has it in her System32 folder, it is just
that I really don't like monkeying around with someone elses computer
system), does this mean she could have a corrupt COMDLG32.OCX? Would
anything else cause this error to occur?

Thanks

Tony Septav
MicroCoast Solutions
Nanaimo, BC