[AccessD] Detecting Date Errors

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Mar 12 11:41:56 CDT 2009

Hi Bud

Yes, Access tries to be clever and helpful, but ...:

http://databaseadvisors.com/pipermail/accessd/2006-June/044752.html

/gustav

>>> bgoss711 at ameritech.net 12-03-2009 17:16:48 >>>
I have a system with forms that read various tables with a date fields.

The forms in this system have a format of Short Date and an Input Mask of 99/99/0000;0;_

If I enter 30/30/2009 in these forms, the entry is rejected with an error message.

But if I enter 30/7/2009, the system converts this to 7/30/2009 with any warning message.

Is there any reasonable way, to cause this second entry to be detected and rejected as an error?