[AccessD] Access ade 20 User limit?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Mar 13 02:49:00 CDT 2009

Hi David

Terminal Services has an issue with "old" users locking licenses for some time. I don't recall the details, but my tech colleague once described an admin nightmare cleaning up these if you have some rotating among the users (students and freelancers). That's one reason why he prefers the Thinsoft XP Server for small scale setups (<= 21 users)

/gustav

>>> newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz 12-03-2009 23:56 >>>
Here is a strange thing.  They have 22 Terminal Server
Licences.  However, more than 22 users can be logged into terminal
services at a time, and more than 22 users can be accessing the SQL
databases (through different programmes), but it seems that only a
certain number of users can open the same programme at the same
time.  Is this how terminal services defines the number of users (by
the number of times a programme can be opened)?

David